话题
达人
排行榜
电影榜
电视榜
人物榜
日志榜
话题榜
你现在的位置:首页>>群组>>爱上Lisa Ray>>Shamim's blog--I Really Think I Would Turn.. (2010/1/4)

Shamim's blog--I Really Think I Would Turn.. (2010/1/4)

加入收藏

2010-1-5 8:09:49

I Really Think I Would Turn Into a Pumpkin
Shamim Sarif 今天 12:06

In the Sarif-Kattan household, New Year’s Eve suffers from the same syndrome as pierced ears. I digress, but by now, who cares? So when I was around 14 and my younger sister wanted to get her ears pierced, I had a moment of stunning clarity, like one of those kung fu slow motions in a Crouching Tiger film, where I realized that drilling a hole in your ear lobe is just…well…odd. It felt bizarrely random and frankly, quite daft. Now some of you may be piercing aficionados, and I do not expect everyone to abide by my rare moments of lucidity. Every man and woman for herself and her happiness – I doubt any of you would find my anal timing of toast, egg and tea at breakfast very worthwhile, but it pleases me (when it’s right, and trust me, it’s not easy) so who am I to cast aspersions on needles through body parts? Do you know, I forgot why on earth I started this topic. Oh, New Year’s Eve. So the same thing happened about 15 years ago, when I was granted the revelation that NYE was a somewhat arbitrary date on which some people who are long dead decided that we must all stay up till midnight, get drunk and hug the person next to us. And it occurred to me that I have much more chance of hugging the person next to me (Hanan) if I am sober, and awake (ie much before midnight). This is my long-winded way of excusing the fact that a) I slept through the turn of the millennium and b) I was in my pyjamas at 9 pm, while Hanan read me her month-by-month goals for the year. It went something like this.

Hanan (reading): ‘January – edit the cooking show. Shoot another cooking show for kids with the boys. Finish script for Despite the Falling Snow. Write new pilot for I Can’t Think Straight TV. Pre-production for Dreaming Spires. Script for next movie…’
Shamim (weeping): ‘Wait a second. Are we on December 2010 already?’
Hanan (shocked): ‘I’m only on January 15th…’
Naturally, I was exhausted by 9.30 but overcome with mists of adoration for my wife (still reciting March’s goals – a new novel, since you ask) I decided this would be the perfect time to overwhelm her with romance and seduction. To this end, I surreptitiously removed my socks (it was cold, OK?) and tried to look inviting. She glanced up from her goal-reading. A gleam hit her eye. It looked promising…and the bedroom door burst open revealing a crying child with an aching ear. Well, it was a long and stormy night, and instead of a night of passion, I revisited in my mind the previous afternoon.
Some good friends in LA had told us that some old friends (and they did mean old) were visiting London and would we check in on them.
'Maybe we should call them,' I told Hanan.
'I already did. We're taking them to tea,' she replied. 'In an hour.'
They were two fabulous women, one a movie star from way back, the other a Hollywood choreographer and I loved every minute.
'What did you direct, dear?'
'The World Unseen,' I ventured.
A frown from the actress. 'Sounds like a Greta Garbo movie.'
Anyone who starred in films from 1940 to 1960 and then did multiple episodes of Murder She Wrote and Falcon Crest is fine by me. I asked the choreographer (who winningly referred to herself as a ‘hoofer’, a word I’d only heard in a 1938 musical) what her favourite work had been.
‘The Oscar show. I had to choreograph ‘Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head’
That was around 1969, the year I was born. Hanan looked uncertain. Before she could ask if that was a Beyonce song, I stepped in.
 ‘From ‘Butch Cassidy’?’ I asked. ‘It won the Oscar that year didn’t it?’
Hanan stared at me, and I could see the fear in her eyes that she was married to someone whose cultural references ended in 1970. Yes, while you all were out partying on New Year’s, I have spent my time watching old movies (and listening to goals). And you know, I did hit midnight once, a few years back with Lisa Ray in Switzerland, watching a new movie. Hmm. Midnight, with an actress (and my wife). That counts for something doesn't it?

At 'The World Unseen' wrap party with my wife and an unidentified Amina/Leyla-lookalike, quite possibly the last time I voluntarily stayed awake till midnight.

我真的觉得我会变成一个南瓜
Shamim Sarif 今天 12:06

在Sarif-Kattan这家子中,新年的除夕夜遭受着与穿耳洞相同的综合症状。我离题了,但是现在为止,谁在乎呢?所以当我大约14岁时,我的小妹想要穿耳洞,我有片刻惊人的清醒,就像是在一部“卧虎藏龙”电影中的其中一个功夫慢动作,我意识到在你的耳朵上挖一个洞只是有些。。。是的。。。奇怪的。这感觉很无厘头又稀奇古怪的,坦白说,非常傻的。现在你们中间一些人可能是穿洞迷,我也不希望大家忍受我难得的清醒时刻。每一个男人和女人对于她自己和她的快乐幸福---我怀疑你们中有些人并不能发现我对于早餐的烤面包、鸡蛋和茶的吹毛求疵是非常值得的,而且它令我愉悦(当它正确时,相信我,这并不容易),所以我将要在谁的身体上扎针并诅咒呢?你们知道吗?我忘记了究竟为什么我开了这么一个话题。哦,对了,是新年的除夕夜。话说同样的事情在15年前发生过,当时我认为新年除夕夜的定义是理所当然的:这是一个强制规定的日子,某些去逝很久的人决定我们必须要在这一天熬到半夜,喝醉酒,然后拥抱我们身旁的人。我突然间想到我有更多的机会可以拥抱我身边的那个人(Hanan),如果我没有喝醉,并且醒着的(比如说早在午夜前)话。这是我为事实寻找借口的啰嗦的方式:a)我在新旧年更替的时刻睡着了,b)在晚上9点时我就穿上了睡衣,当时Hanan正在为我朗读她的一整年的每月目标。对话就像是这样进行的。

Hanan (朗读着):“一月份---编辑厨艺秀。与孩子一起拍摄另一部厨艺秀。完成Despite the Falling Snow的剧本。撰写I Can’t Think Straight电视剧新的试播剧集。Dreaming Spries的前期制作。下一部电影的剧本写作。。。”
Shamim (哭泣着):“等一下。我们是不是已经在2010年12月了?”
Hanan (震惊地):“我只是在1月15日而以。。。”
自然地,我在9点半前就筋疲力尽了,但是因为臣服于对我妻子(仍然在朗诵着3月份的目标---一部新小说,既然你们问了)的爱恋迷雾之中,我判定这是一个绝妙的时机可以用浪漫和诱惑来征服她。为此,我偷偷脱下了我的袜子(很冷,好吗!),试图看起来诱人一些。她从她的目标诵读中抬头一看。一丝光亮在她眼里闪烁,这是一个好迹象。。。但是卧室门被打开了,进入眼帘的是一个流着泪哭泣着,耳朵受伤的小孩。是的,这是一个漫长的激烈的夜晚,代之以激情之夜,我在脑海中重温了之前的那个下午。

一些在LA的好朋友告诉我们,一些老朋友(他们的确是指年纪大的)将要来伦敦,我们可以去联系接待一下她们。
“或许我们应该打电话给她们,”我告诉Hanan.
“我已经打了。我们带她们去喝茶,”她回答说。“一个小时之后。”
她们是两个绝妙的女人,一个是老早以前的一个电影明星,另一个是好莱坞的舞蹈指导,我很享受每分每秒。
“亲爱的,你导演了什么?”
“The World Unseen,”我小心地说。
这个女演员眉毛一皱,“听起来像是葛丽泰·嘉宝的电影”。

任何一个在1940-1960年代电影里担当过主角的人,然后做过“Murder She Wrote and Falcon Crest”的续集的人,对我来说都没有问题的。我问那个舞指(这个人生动地称呼自己为“hoofer/舞蹈家”,hoofer是一个我只有在1938年的音乐剧中才能听到的词。)她最喜爱的作品是什么。
“一个奥斯卡节目。我必须要设计出一个动作:‘雨滴不断地从我头上掉下来’”
那是大约在1969年的事情了,这一年我刚好出生。Hanan看起来一脸迷惑。在她提问那是不是一首碧昂丝的歌曲前,我赶紧插入话题。
“来自‘虎豹小霸王/雌雄大盗’?”我问道,“它赢得了那年的奥斯卡奖,是不是?”

Hanan紧盯着我,而且我可以从她的眼神中看出一种恐惧,她嫁给了一个文化所指在1970年就终结的人。是的,当你们都出门为新年聚会庆祝的时候,我以观看老电影(还有听那些新年目标)来度过良宵。你们也要知道,我的确曾经有一次坚持到过午夜,追溯到几年前与Lisa Ray一起在瑞士,看着一部新电影。嗯,午夜时分,与一个女演员(还有我的妻子)。那可以算得上一些什么了吧(值得一提吧),是不是?

在“The World Unseen”杀青晚会上,与我的妻子还有一个身份未明的看起来像Amina和Leyla的人,这极有可能是我最后一次自愿保持清醒直到午夜。

上一篇友情链接:Clumsy...But Sharp -- http://www.mtime.com/group/lisaray/discussion/785269/

下一篇友情链接:

--------------------
We can't prevent what we can't predict.

楼主

管理员给此话题奖励了2分!
2010-1-5 9:12:30

首先谢谢蜜蜂辛勤的翻译!

好高兴哦,《ICTS》的电视剧集已经被列入计划了。期待!

但愿LISA早日康复,和SS在《ICTS》的电视剧中的新的精彩!

--------------------
不必等到灯火阑珊处的蓦然回首,只一眼便是永恒的沉沦!
回复 举报

1 楼

2010-1-5 9:57:02

bee 我的偶像 你真是太勤劳了

一大早的就开始为群组工作了

--------------------
冲动是魔鬼~~~
回复 举报

2 楼

2010-1-5 11:09:08

"与我的妻子还有一个身份未明的看起来像Amina和Leyla的人 ....."好幽默的人啊!

我喜欢这一群,还有你---蜜蜂,愿好运每天伴你!

--------------------
回复 举报

3 楼

2010-1-5 12:34:40
越来越喜欢谢导啦
--------------------
回复 举报

4 楼

2010-1-5 12:36:03
小蜜蜂,你也加油,看好你咧
--------------------